Spreading seed all over the ground surface of a farm or garden is more comfortable through the use of the best UTV spreader. Using this device makes work easier for anyone by saving time and energy. The use of spreader on UTV allows any farmer or garners to achieve much in little space of time.
It helps to cover large areas which make it a perfect choice to opt for compared to walking through the field, thereby spreading the seed or any powder material with your hands. All that is required is to attach to your UTV and ride as the spreader releases the seed into the ground surface.
UTV seed spreader buyer’s guide
Here are essential things you need to know about getting a seed prayer for your UTV.
You need to know the kind of seed you want to spread as that will help you to make the right choice with choosing the spreader you need. Seeds vary in sizes and the same with fertilizer. Therefore, you need to understand this as it will affect the flow rate of the spreader whenever it is in operation.
Width of the spreader
One of the factors that you as well need to consider is the width of the spreader device. The width determines the operation of the spreader. If you will be working on a large area and you do not have much time to waste spreading seed or fertilizer, you need to opt for a wide spreader width.
It will be a waste of resources if you get a small width of the spreader and you have large areas of ground to cover. Getting the right width for the spreader is the right thing for you to do.
When it comes to getting a spreader, you need to look out for the installation. The installation of the spreader should be easier to do for you. You need to check the design of the spreader and ensure you can easily attach to the UTV you have.
The capacity of the spreader
Every spreader has its capacity written on it, so you need to look into this before buying the next spreader. Getting a perfect spreader will make work easier for you. If you have a large area to work on, it is essential that you opt for the spreader within 50lbs to 350lbs.
You need to consider the weight of the spreader and ensure your UTV can withstand the weight. Check the weight of the spreader before and after it is loaded with seed or fertilizer and ensure your UTV can conveniently handle it.
The price of UTV spreader ranges from cheap to expensive. You need to choose the one that meets your budget, but you should never overlook getting a quality product. Getting quality products is the best thing that needs to be done as it lasts longer than getting less quality spreader. Also, one of the things that affect the price of a spreader is the brand, and it is advisable to opt for a product from one of the frontiers in the industry.
Our Top Best UTV Seed Spreader
1. Buyers Products ATVS100 ATV All-Purpose Broadcast Spreader
You’ve got all your seed spreading need taken care of with the use of the Buyers Products ATVS100 ATV All-Purpose Broadcast Spreader. It is a durable and sturdy spreader that can be attached to your UTV for all seed spreading task.
The plastic hopper has ample space to accommodate over 100 pounds seed. It is straightforward to assemble with the use of the U-bolts that comes with the hopper to get a secure mount on your UTV. The design integrates rain cover on the hopper to keep the seed safe from moisture.
It works excellently and can be considered for both small and large seed spreading job. The only setback with the seed spreader is that it splashes seed all over the UTV and even on the rider which could have been avoided with the use of internal agitator or shield.
- Safe to assembly
- Include rain cover to prevent the seed from water
- Distributes seed effortlessly
- Splashes seed back on UTV
- Durable, rustproof poly hopper has 100 lb capacity.
- Ideal for farming, hunting, landscaping, or grounds maintenance.
- 12V motor is mounted inside the hopper to stay protected while in use.
- Distributes free flowing materials such as seed, feed, and fertilizer.
- Included rain cover protects materials from the elements.
2. Buyers Products ATVS15A ATV All Purpose Broadcast Spreader
This is a multipurpose spreader that can be used for all kind of seed spreading task all season. It has vertical mount design which you have to mount vertically on your UTV and as well as a quick detached mounting bracket.
It is practically easy to install, and its operation is straightforward with the on and off button as well with adjustable shut off the gate to help you control the amount of seed flow. The hopper comes with dust resistance features and the capacity to accommodate over 15 gallons.
- Dustproof resistant
- Easy to use with regulation system
- Cover for seed protection
- Might require hitch assemble to use on UTV
- Multipurpose spreader distributes ice melt and bagged #1 rock salt for winter use and fertilizer, seed, and feed for all season use
- Durable, rust-proof black poly hopper has a capacity of 15 gallons and includes a lid to protect material from the elements
- More Than Just Parts: From snow and ice equipment to toolboxes, hydraulics, towing, truck and trailer hardware to our innovative lighting products—it’s amazing what Buyers Products can do for your truck
- We Do Things The Right Way: We design products like we we’re building them for ourselves, because we are; Our teams are staffed with engineers and experts who know how to make a product exceptional
- Durable and Dependable: Founded in 1946, Buyers Products has become a leader in the truck equipment industry though our commitment to customer care, innovation, and value across our range of products
3. Swisher 19920 Commercial Pro ATV Spreader
The Swisher 19920 Commercial Pro ATV Spreader is a suitable pattern spreader with a flexible adjustable option for your entire seed spreading task. It can be used to spread all kind of seed of different texture. It has a quick fix system as you have to mount on the rear rack of your UTV.
It is a heavy duty spreader, which is why it has to be fastened firmly on the UTV. It has the adjustable option for you to determine the flow of the seed you are spreading. The hopper is UV resistant, and it has a covering to keep the seed secured.
- Secured hopper to prevent exposure to moisture
- Very easy to use
- Durable and sturdy
- Adjustable seed flow rate
- Not a perfect seed spreader for large area
- Spread grass seed, fertilizer, salt, or sand consistently
- Adjustable spread width 4' To 16' Diameter
- Adjustable Feed gate
- Frame mounted on and off switch
- 15 gallon Poly tank; 150 lb capacity
4. Field Tuff AS-12V 80Lb ATV/UTV Broadcast Spreader
The Field Tuff AS-12V 12-Volt ATV Broadcast Spreader can easily be mounted on the front or rear rack of your UTV. It is easy to install, and the hopper can accommodate 80 pounds seed of all kind. It has adjustment lever with a gauge wiring that let you control the flow of the grain and also switch on and off.
The spreader can be used for about 12 feet field which is somewhat considerable for large seed spreading work. It spreads seed 360 degrees as you move around them, controlling the flow from the handlebar.
- Durable and sturdy
- Safe to use and reliable for small and large seed spreading job
- Rain cover for seed protection
- No wiring instruction included and can be quite challenging to get through its installation
- Easily spread seed and fertilizer with Field Tuff’s 12-Volt ATV Hitch-Mount Spreader; the powerful, 12 Volt DC motor, has a rated speed of 570rpm for a efficient and reliable product and is sealed for protection
- Heavy-duty and durable, this spreader has a maximum capacity of 80 lbs. and hold up to 8 gallons of grass seed, fertilizer, or small grain
- The 12’ broadcast width ensures that you will get the job done efficiently! Conveniently, the controls can be reached from the operator’s seat
- The spreader easily mounts to an ATV, UTV, or utility tractor’s 1 ¼” or 2” receiver; the included wiring harness and on/off switch add to the quality of this spreader
- Comes with a rain cover to make your product last even longer; 1 year limited Manufacturer’s warranty
Choosing the Best UTV Seed Spreader is the first step to fulfilling your entire seed spreading job. Either for personal or commercial seed spreading work, you need a quality machine to lighten your task and make your work easier.
Last update on 2024-01-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API