Hunting is fun only when you have all your gears available, and the only challenge has been the means of conveying gears such as a gun to the hunting site. Some hunters make use of their backpack while some who have UTV opt for a gun rack. Using the best UTV gun rack to convey your hunting gear makes life easier for you.
Balancing your gun on a rack that is fastened on the UTV eliminates all worries of how to get your gun to your hunting site. Moving firearms from one place to another requires you to have them stored in a secured and safe place, and one among many others you can trust is a gun rack.
Our 9 Top UTV Gun Rack Reviews
1. Kolpin UTV Gun Rack – 20073
Kolpin UTV gun rack comes with a pleasing design you’ll fall in love with at first sight. What about its build quality? This rack is made of excellent materials and very easy to mount.
The rack features a solid and stiff rubber that holds the gun snugly. With this, unwanted movements and vibrations are restricted, thereby ensuring safety. Plus, the rubber helps to prevent scratches. This piece allows you to adjust the height from 27 ½ to 35 ½ and at any angle up to 45 degrees for a quick grab when you urgently need your gun.
What’s more, this rack features two spots on either side to mount weapons. You can even mount a rifle and a crossbow on either side if you want to.
- Vertical in-cab gun rack mounts to UTV Floor
- Constructed of heavy-duty over-molded rubber to securely hold the stock of your firearm and over-molded v-blocks with tough rubber straps to provide firearm and barrel support. (Firearms not included)
- Standard mount fits flat UTV floors. Gun Rack Mount adapter riser (20074) required for Polaris and Yamaha utility vehicles with center transmission hump.
- Adjustable height from 27-1/2" to 35-1/2"; fully adjustable, angling up to 45 degree in either direction
- Base Dimensions: 5-1/4" w x 6" front to back
- 1-year warranty.
- Heavy-duty rubber used.
- Fully adjustable.
- Fits flat UTV floors (standard mount).
- Not suitable for vehicles like Polaris Ranger.
- A little heavy at above 8 pounds
2. QuadGear UTV Double Gun Carrier
The second on our list is the QuadGear UTV Double Gun Carrier. It can securely hold up two riffles at a time. Besides, this rack can fit most 2015 UTVs (Polaris, Yamaha, and Kawasaki UTVs) roll cages and even older models. It comes with a simple design that allows you to access your riffle in no time.
The QuadGear rack is guaranteed to serve effectively for the next two years. That invariably means that it’s a durable piece to consider. This rack is made of heavy-duty ProtekX6 fabric with water-resistant support and external coating for protection against harsh weather and abrasion.
This rack features three large gear pockets for additional shells or other things. Plus, its heavy-duty strap holds the rack tightly to the back of UTV roll cages. You’ll find a quick-release button that helps to pull out of riffles as fast as possible.
- Fits most UTV Roll Cages (2015 models and older), Gun Carrier measures 53"W x 4"D x 17"H
- Great fit for Polaris, Yamaha and Kawasaki UTVs (2015 models and older)
- Two year limited warranty
- Heavy duty ProtekX6 fabric with water resistant backing and exterior coating for maximum weather and abrasion protection
- One rifle or shotgun fits in each side
- Two years limited warranty
- Hold riffles securely
- Surface is backed with water-resistant material
- Features a quick-release buckle
- Not for overnight storage
3. Kolpin Gun Boot 6.0 – Impact – 20025
The Kolpin Gun Boot 6.0 is yet another brilliant piece to consider. Its hinged hatchback design has been an inspiration to many gun racks. Every part of this rack guarantees your gun’s safety and easy accessibility to your gun. It’s a versatile rack that can hold just any firearm up to 51 inches in length. Plus, you’ll get additional space also to keep your pistol grips and small bi-pods on this rack.
This rack comes in an ergonomic design that makes it compatible with all Kolpin mounting brackets (20035, 20350, 20351, 20032, 20033, 20005, 20006, 20200 and 20029). Besides, it can fit any of your UTVs due to its utility gear rail system. The safety of your firearms is guaranteed with removable foam Impact liner which comes within the hard case
This rack is structurally designed to allow both left and right-hand bolt action shotguns and rifles, abundant space for 50mm scopes or rifles with slings attached.
- Fits firearms up to 51" in total length; Extra room for pistol grips & small bi-pods; Hinged hatchback with snap close cover and locking capability;
- Includes a removable foam Impact liner that provides superior interior protection within the hard case; ergonomically designed handle and molded attachment points for a sling.
- Anatomically designed to accommodate left and right hand bolt action rifles and shotguns, ample room for 50mm scopes or rifles with slings attached.
- Compatible with Kolpin mounting brackets (20035, 20350, 20351, 20032, 20033, 20005, 20006, 20200 and 20029); Able to fit on your UTV with our Utility Gear Rail System.
- Hinged hatchback with snap close cover;
- Can hold up to 51 inches firearm
- Features a utility gear railing system
- It guarantees firearm safety
- Features an extra space to keep pistol grips and small bi-pods
4. Kolpin Rhino Grip – Double – 21505
Are you in search of some kind of grip that can keep your gun secured and as well safe? You might want to consider the Kolpin Rhino Grip – Double – 21505 as its vise-like grip can hold your gun in place. It is a multipurpose rack that offers users the most convenient way to store their gears while then ride their ATV. And since it comes as a pair, then two guns can be held tightly at a time.
The fact that this rack is made from heavy-duty materials assures us that it will be able to stand the test of time. This rack can not only hold up guns, but other configurations of gear can also as well be mounted on it, thanks to its flexibility. Knowing that this rack comes with a carrying capacity is only 15 pounds, be sure not to overload the rack.
- Features off-set mounting to maximize rack space; Sold as a pair
- Durable and flexible rubber grips designed to carry light-weight items. (Up to 15lbs.); Rubber Securing straps
- Designed to fit trucks, SUVs, ATVs, UTVs, RVs, trailers, pretty much anything.
- Drilling required to mount on some composite racks; Sold as a pair; Mount to any tubular or square bar from 5/8"-1-1/4" in diameter OR to any flat drillable surface;
- Available in 4 styles: Single (21500), Double (21505), Window Suction Cup (21520) and Window/Wall Mount Adhesive (21525)
- Multi-purpose gun rack
- Made of heavy-duty material
- It’s flexible
5. QuickDraw Overhead UTV Gun Rack
If you are looking the best way to keep your guns close your reach, then you might want to consider the QuickDraw Overhead UTV Gun Rack. Ready for action! Besides, for utility vehicles with covers at the top, your guns stay wholly secured from the elements.
The Quick Draw comes with very soft rubber gun clips, which provide quick access and safe transport. If there’s one thing we love about this rack, it’s the fact that installation takes just minutes without any need to drill or bolt, thanks to its unique mounting system.
This rack is lightweight and portable, weighing just 5 pounds. QD855OGR fits popular brands of UTVs, including John Deer Gator, Club Car XRT 1550, Kymco, Razor, Bulldog, Vanish, Titan, Kubota RTV, Polaris Ranger, Kawasaki Mule, Kubota RTV, Honda Big Red and other UTVs.
- QUICK ACCESS AND SAFE KEEP: The Quick-Draw Overhead Gun Rack is the perfect way to safely keep your weapons at your fingertips; it holds two guns in soft moldable gun clips — held securely with straps providing safe and protected transport
- MAXIMUM PROTECTION OF THE GUN: super-soft foam-lined gun clips hold 2 guns securely and protected; Great Day’s unique Velcro straps form and fit the holding cradles to the exact size of the gun - no more loose fits to disturb the sight and scope settings
- EASY MOUNTING: a unique mounting system installs in just minutes without any drilling or bolting and with minimum use of hand tools; snuggle position of the guns in the inside roof area provides abundant headroom for the driver and passengers
- ROBUST HOUSING: the Quick-Draw Gun Rack frame is constructed of super-strong aircraft aluminum and finished off with super tough black powder-coated paint for years of good looks and dependable service
- FITMENT: The Quick-Draw Overhead Gun Rack fits all popular brands of UTVs; The QD850-OGR model fits UTVs with the FRONT to BACK horizontal frame bars distance of 23" - 28" (inside to inside); for UTVs with Round-Tube Roll cages; 2 bar model
- Lightweight and portable
- Provides for easy access
- Installation takes no time
6. Kolpin Ratcheting Rhino Grip – 21540
The Kolpin Ratcheting Rhino Grip is no doubt one of the most durable gun rack we have in the guide. It can accommodate heavy firearms up to 15 pounds. Its one-button release option makes it user-friendly. In just a click, you have your gun, and off you go down for hunting.
It comes with an inlaid rubber surface that makes it easy to store different weapons and tools at a time. Weapons you can mount on it includes shovels, firearms, fishing rods, crossbows, poles, etc.
This rack is not only useful for deer hunting purposes, but you can as well take it along for your fishing. What’s more, the checkered grip is made of nylon rubber, which helps prevent scratches. The maximum diameter of weapon this rack can accommodate is 4 inches.
- Up to 15lbs. of carrying strength for your medium-weight gear
- Heavy-duty nylon with inlaid rubber grip texture
- Quick-release button for one-handed easy access to gear
- Indexed ratcheting grip arm secures items from 1”-4” in diameter
- Heavy-duty base system mounts to tubular or square bars from 5/8"-2" in diameter or to flat, drillable surface
- 1-year warranty.
- No movement.
- Extremely secure.
- The nylon grip is sturdy.
- No 360 movement.
- May require a bit of tweaking.
7. Big Sky SBR-2G Gun Rack 2-Gun Sky Bar
There are a lot of reasons this product became users’ favorites. First is that the installation process does not take much time, and storage is no issue, especially for vehicles. Another is that it features a perfect vehicle mount, which allows users to travel with their guns quickly.
Furthermore, anyone can easily get along with this rack. You can store it just whichever way you want it and can be taken take anywhere. This rack comes with a telescopic square bar to give perfection. Besides, its adjustable bracket allows for easy mounting.
Finally, you have no cause to worry when it comes to sturdiness. The gun rack is made with quality and durable nylon. And the fact that this rack provides a firm fit is one big reason users like it.
- Made with heavy-duty material
- Great fit for almost all weapons
- Has a telescopic square bar
- Versatile for different vehicles
- Easy installation
- Does not go with some truck models
- Has issues with the chrome of the strap loops
8. Kolpin Rhino Xl Double 21515
If there’s one thing you’ll love about this rack, that must be its portability. This is a double-multifunctional rack, that is to say, that you can mount two things at a time. Its design is such that it will suit your RVs, UTVs, and ATVs as well!
It comes with a durable grip, which makes the rack quite safe for your guns. What’s more, vibration is reduced to the barest minimum with its rubberized grip. This way, you can enjoy your off-road ride without any unpleasant sounds.
This rack features an additional offset mounting, which helps save up more space for your weapons. What’s important is that you get the bar-diameter in the range of 5/8 inches and 1.25 inches. This makes your rack rather handy. What’s more, It comes in a lightweight design but can only accommodate any weapon less than 15 pounds.
- Our Rhino Grip XL series are our best-selling grips; the XL Doubles configuration has increased carrying strength of up to 20lbs. for your medium-weight gear; Feature a 360-degree rotating and tool-free adjustable multi-angle design; Sold as a pair
- Strong, rubber over-molded heavy-duty nylon and rubber straps securely hold tools, firearms, bows, crossbows, fishing poles, shovels, farm tools, etc and other gear of various configurations; XL Double configuration allows for secure transport of 2 items; Includes (4) Rubber Straps
- Universally mounts to any tubular or square bar from 5/8"-1-3/4" in diameter OR to any flat drillable surface
- Tool-free, Kwik Clip design allows for 360 degree rotation, tilts 160 degrees in 40 degree increments
- Polaris Lock and Ride versions available which include appropriate plunger: Polaris ATV (21516), Polaris UTV (21517)
- Easy to mount
- Holds multiple rifles
- Can only be used with lightweight guns
9. ATV/UTV Tek VFG1 V-Grip Single Rider Gun/Bow/Tool Rack
The ATV Tek VFG1 is an improvement of the previous VFGH version. It can hold a single weapon but comes with a variable fit. Driving through bumpy roads with this gun rack won’t be an issue as it reduces shocks, vibration, and movements of the gun. Thanks to its Air Tek Suspension.
One thing we love about this rack is that it’ll hold up your weapons firmly and will protect them from scratches and damage. The fact that you can rotate this rack up to 360 degrees makes it easier to access the gun.
What’s more, it comes with a unique bow limb slot, which allows you to mount even a bow easily. Now you’ll have to choose whether you’ll hang a gun or any other tools that fit on this gun rack.
- UNIVERSAL FIT - The SmartBlock mounting technology fits all tubular and plastic ATV/4 wheeler racks from 0.5 inch to 1.25 inches. A true custom fit for your gun, soft gun case, bow, handled tool, or any other item using the highly engineered, gun, bow, and utility slots in the V-Grip line of products.
- EASY ADJUSTMENT - This V-Grip Rack features a new and improved tubular and composite rack mounting system that offers effortless installation, unmatched versatility, and a rock solid mounting base. Finger-adjustable knobs allow quick tool-free adjustments when you're on trail.
- 15 percent larger forks, spline allows fork to rotate 360 degrees
- SECURED GRIP - The V-Grip design isolates recoil and vibration. This protects your valuable gear while heading out in the field.
- PREMIUM QUALITY - Made of durable, corrosion-resistant materials, this two-limb rack offers long-lasting quality that will endure lots of use and reuse.
- Two limbs.
- Fits all tubular and plastic bars on four-wheelers from 0.5 to 1.25 inches.
- 15% larger forks than most gun rack mounts.
- Adjustable from side to side.
- Holds a single weapon only.
- The straps are of poor quality.
Best buyer’s guide on choosing the right gun rack
There are some essential things that you need to consider when it comes to getting a gun rack that can fit perfectly on your UTV. We have made the list of the most important ones to share with you if you are in the search for any of the best gun rack for UTVs.
The first you need to consider is the design of the gun rack. Some gun rack comes with single gun space while some come with dual. You need to look into the numbers of firearm you will be conveying to your hunting site before choosing any gun rack.
If you have more than one gun, it is essential that you go for the gun rack with the dual application. One gun will be perfect with a single gun rack space.
There are different types of a gun rack in the market. Gun racks are different from each other in styles, and you need to be familiar with this. Some have a versatile style in which it can accommodate all kind of firearms such as rifles, poles, and bows.
Some will only accept a particular firearm, and that is why you need to do your findings on the exact gun rack you want to get. Read the specification to ensure you have the right information before buying any gun rack.
The next thing you need to look into is the movement of the gun on the rack. How then will you know this since you have not purchased the rack? You need to look at the fastening material on the rack and ensure it can hold the gun firmly in place.
If the gun is not firm on the rack, it will likely hit your UTV and lead to scratches which you wouldn’t want to happen. Due to this, you need a rack that will give less movement to ensure you don’t have to fall back to fixing damages.
Another factor you should consider is the price of the gun rack. There are different types in the market from quality brands. You need to do your research and choose the one that is compatible with your UTV, but you must be ready to spend big because quality products don’t come cheap.
Hope you lived out chosen gun racks. You comments are welcome. 🙂